Scrapbooking with flowers, ribbons and all things beautiful -- with BOYS!

If you're like me, a Mother to Boys and a little more then addicted to scrapbooking - the paper, ribbons, flowers, buttons, glitter, you might be wondering how to incorporate all those finds into the perfect layout! I'm here to help! At least, I'll try. I've been scrapbooking for about 8 years and have only recently decided I was done with holding back on all the beautiful embellishments and am going to start using them. Hope you enjoy my journey!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Vacation Week and CHALLENGE chaos....

This week we're on vacation.  Can't believe it's the middle of August already!  The boys have wrapped up Summer Camp and are now starting the countdown to Disney.  We head out the last week of September, but I don't want to start counting down yet because it will make the last precious weeks of summer go by too quickly.  I guess that end of summer dread hasn't really kicked in for them yet, but I feel it and so I've decided to focus on something else instead -- Scrapbooking and the many challenges you can find out on the web. 

First up, ARTastic Challenge Blog.  Now, I know, you might be wondering what is SHE doing there?  Well, once in a while, even I decide it's time to scrap myself.  Who else is going to do it?  And of course, first you must get someone to agree to take your picture.  After all, it's not always easy getting someone else to take up shop behind the family lens.  This photo was taken by my husband, Mike, as we were enjoying the sunset at my in-law's place down at Hampton Beach, NH.  It's beautiful there and it's funny how often we've gone to visit but never slowed down to enjoy the sunset. 

Now, the techniques I used here are not ones I'd recommend unless you are ready to get messy.  I first sanded away much of the finish on this paper, which by itself is beautiful, but I needed to get 'Monet'.  I then added inks with my cat's eye chalks, and then decided to just go for it with good old fashioned chalk.  Why not, I thought as I vigorously rubbed and brushed away?  Of course, I did not want all of that chalk making its way throughout my album, and so I decided to grab what little hairspray I had left and applied it vigorously to the page.  It was perfect.  Add some photos, over the white mulberry paper, some sparkley beads and leaves that I picked up on clearance at Joann's this morning, and there you have it.  Enjoy!!!




And now I'm off to the next challenge - but I leave you with this.  If you do not have a recent photo of yourself, take one.  We may not always love scrapbooking ourselves, but once in a while, it's nice to have one that you can completely cover in flowers, pearls, butterflies, and all the girly stuff you've been hoarding!  Have fun! 

I hope I've inspired you to get started on your own creation! If not, check out my etsy shop for more inspiration! http://www.etsy.com/shop/TiffanyScrapbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment