Scrapbooking with flowers, ribbons and all things beautiful -- with BOYS!

If you're like me, a Mother to Boys and a little more then addicted to scrapbooking - the paper, ribbons, flowers, buttons, glitter, you might be wondering how to incorporate all those finds into the perfect layout! I'm here to help! At least, I'll try. I've been scrapbooking for about 8 years and have only recently decided I was done with holding back on all the beautiful embellishments and am going to start using them. Hope you enjoy my journey!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Looking Out!

I started this blog with the intention of helping others, like myself, who are hopelessly addicted to the beautiful scrapbooking ephemera and blessed with wonderful boys, and I what I'm learning is that I am really helping myself!  By adventuring out into the world of online scrapbook challenges, I'm just amazed with all of the beautiful ways people are including flowers, ribbons, bling, you name it!  

This week my layout was inspired by a new sketch site I found,  this scrapbook by using a sketch presented on Pencil Lines.  I guess I waas so inspired by the sketch and the layouts presented that I got carried away.....and so you find 'Looking Out'. 
Yes, that is a window curtain you see!  I always feel as though my son is looking out at the world, and my message here to him is of course to enjoy life!  
I used Little Yellow Bicycle Clothesline for this layout, and so loved the weight of the paper.  How can you do this?  First I stitched the ribbon directly to my paper along the bottom edge. Then I folded the paper, until I got the right feel for a 'curtain'.  A little glue, or even tape, can be useful in keeping the folds until you're ready to stitch.  Just make sure it's acid free.  Then I stitched straight across the top, creating the ruffle.  Lastly, as I wanted a bit more window dressing, I added a line of glue to the top, and then placed the ribbon, sort of pinchnig it to add to a scrunchy look.  What type of pictures do you have that could include a window curtain?  I'm sure you can think of something and it's fun! 

Lastly I will tell you about the little chipboard bird.  This is so much fun and anytime I can include some embossed chipboard, I do.  You take a plain piece of chipboard and just spritz or dampen with a bit of water.  This allows for it to take a really deep emboss.  Using my Cuttlebug, I embossed the love stamp.  Then I used the edges to get at the chipboard that fell beyond my emoboss template.  Finally, with a little Tattered Angels Glitter Mist it was complete!  Just lovely. 

Of course, what's more important to me then any of the beautiful embellishments is the journaling, or in this case, the message to my son.  Don't be afraid to tell your story!  After all, that's what probably got you started with scrapbooking to begin with. 

Hope you enjoy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment