Scrapbooking with flowers, ribbons and all things beautiful -- with BOYS!

If you're like me, a Mother to Boys and a little more then addicted to scrapbooking - the paper, ribbons, flowers, buttons, glitter, you might be wondering how to incorporate all those finds into the perfect layout! I'm here to help! At least, I'll try. I've been scrapbooking for about 8 years and have only recently decided I was done with holding back on all the beautiful embellishments and am going to start using them. Hope you enjoy my journey!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sweet on You

The week is wrapping up.  It's been so much fun and I am definitely sad to see it end, but I've learned this much.  Life is too short to not do the things you want.  And so, I've decided to go for a new design team contest!  Maybe even two! I'll be wrapping up my entries this afternoon in hopes that I'll be selected to one or both of them. 

But first, my completed challenge for the day! This was inspired by the JUNO movie poster over at screen2scrap. I pulled this out of the photo archives, the one picture I have of my Owen with my big baby Wyatt belly.  I learned, the hard way, that there is nothing more precious then a photo of your child with your yet to be born baby.  This is the only photo I have like this!  I never scrapped it because it was a bit fuzzy, but I decided to take another look at it.  With the sepia, it seemed a bit better, and I was tired of storing it away.  I just love the sweet little look in Owen's eyes and the mystery that my belly had for him.  He'd call out in the house, "Quiet Wyatt, where are you?"  So cute and I enjoyed reliving the moments with this layout.  


The title, Sweet on You, was inspired by this PRIMA paper, Whisper, which included SWEET in script up the side.  I added a lot of sparkle to it with my sakura sparkle pen and thought it stood out enough to incorporate into the title.  All of the paper is from that PRIMA line, and I'd been hoarding it for 2 plus years now.  It was always just too beautiful to use, but thought it fit perfectly with my sentiments for this LO.  The journaling card is from WEBSTER's Pages, as is the brown floral ribbon.  The cards come in a great little plastic case and they're just perfect for journaling and embellishing further.  I did a lot of tearing on this page, using my scissors to rough up the edges and then sparkled all of the flowers I could see. 

Here are some other close ups. 

Other items I used included some great ribbon scraps I had, Mind's Eyes rub-ons that I added to the photo edges, and Thickers for the 'you' with a little sparkle courtesy of Stickles.  Lastly was the little copper plate that I had which I added the word 'on' to. 

Now - go out and try a few challenges of your own.  I can't wait to see what you create!

  I hope I've inspired you to get started on your own creation! If not, check out my etsy shop for more inspiration! http://www.etsy.com/shop/TiffanyScrapbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment