Scrapbooking with flowers, ribbons and all things beautiful -- with BOYS!

If you're like me, a Mother to Boys and a little more then addicted to scrapbooking - the paper, ribbons, flowers, buttons, glitter, you might be wondering how to incorporate all those finds into the perfect layout! I'm here to help! At least, I'll try. I've been scrapbooking for about 8 years and have only recently decided I was done with holding back on all the beautiful embellishments and am going to start using them. Hope you enjoy my journey!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

For the Love of the Game

So, you probably have sports pictures, right?  I can't tell you how many times I've found myself laying on the field, crouching in the grass, swatting at mosquitoes, hoping to take the perfect shot.  What I decided is that not every sports picture has to be one of action.  This one of Owen, holding his medal here, is just perfect to show how much he loves Soccer and how proud he was of the season he had.  I look at that little smile on his face and I just see happiness! 

Now, for the layout. I've had these papers for well over a year - they're MVP by WE R Memory Keepers.  I loved them when I picked them out, but like so many of my other 'finds', but had yet to really create with them.  So, I was super excited when I noticed that Owen's shirt had orange in it, even it is a little bright.  I should admit, that I am not after scrapbook perfection here, but I don't mind getting close!  This is one of those times, as the orange is a little brighter, but I look at the page and say - yippee!  I got it done! 

I need to of course credit to Trisha at Sketch Inspiration, Challenge 136.  This week's challenge really forced me to work with circles and so the soccer ball was just right. 

Now it's time for you to break out your school sports pictures!  I'd love to see them!

I hope I've inspired you to get started on your own creation! If not, check out my etsy shop for more inspiration -  http://www.etsy.com/shop/TiffanyScrapbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment