Scrapbooking with flowers, ribbons and all things beautiful -- with BOYS!

If you're like me, a Mother to Boys and a little more then addicted to scrapbooking - the paper, ribbons, flowers, buttons, glitter, you might be wondering how to incorporate all those finds into the perfect layout! I'm here to help! At least, I'll try. I've been scrapbooking for about 8 years and have only recently decided I was done with holding back on all the beautiful embellishments and am going to start using them. Hope you enjoy my journey!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Inspired...by InspireME

Iin my endless pursuit of scrapbooking blogs, I found InspireME a blog that is completely dedicated to creating with Webster's Pages.  They have some of the most beautiful pages, and I have to admit, some of the most amazing layouts I have ever seen!  They are just gorgeous.  Of course, I had to find a challenge, something to inspire me to create something beyond what I might ordinarily do.  This month they were urging us to SCRAPLIFT!  Now, how can it get any easier when someone says, please, scraplift my absolutely beautiful creation?  Right? Well, they made it even easier than that by giving you an easy, moderate and complex (aka - layer, layer, layer) versions to scraplift. 

Here's the inspiration I chose, "Little Miracle" by Karola. 

And here's what I created.  Family....You boys are my favorite escape!  I must say, it's a bit frustrating when you're trying to get the right lighting for the photo and the sun has gone down.  Alas, thanks to a broken light fixture, my bathroom is lit up like the sun these days, and so the pictures seemed reasonable enough to post.  I will probably update them if possible with some more naturally lit pics soon! 






Here's some close up of the details.  I used the tutorial I found on the site and found they were very easy - once you get the hang of them.  The other flowers are even simpler, courtesy of a tutorial from Sketch Inspirations.  I am thinking of going on a 'flower blog hop' soon, because I really just can't seem to get enough of all these crafty flower inspirations.  I just really adore them, however, I am finding that my scrapbook pages are far from fitting into any album these days.  If you have ideas for how to store these rather 'lumpy' pages, please do share!  A friend of mine has suggested I do up the entry walls like a school 'trophy display' and I can switch out my layouts as desired....what do you think?  My hall of scrapbooking fame?  Hahahaha. 

Enough chatter, and more teaching!  I've used the Webster's pages here, Seaside Retreat, and a generic sheet music page for the background.  I had the coordinating stickers, fabric ribbon and journaling notes, all of which I just love, to really complete my layout. 

I did have some K & Company, Sea Glass paper ribbon as well, that I used to frame out the sand dollar arch.  The little brown glass beads are clear pebbles that I rubbed with some brown Staz-On ink.  I just felt it needed something to make it stand out a bit. 
Wish me luck on this, my latest adventure in the scrapbooking challenges!  The boys come back tomorrow night, and we're off to meet the teachers.  So, it will likely be a few days before I get a chance to indulge again....until then, happy scrapping!

 I hope I've inspired you to get started on your own creation! If not, check out my etsy shop for more inspiration! http://www.etsy.com/shop/TiffanyScrapbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment