Scrapbooking with flowers, ribbons and all things beautiful -- with BOYS!

If you're like me, a Mother to Boys and a little more then addicted to scrapbooking - the paper, ribbons, flowers, buttons, glitter, you might be wondering how to incorporate all those finds into the perfect layout! I'm here to help! At least, I'll try. I've been scrapbooking for about 8 years and have only recently decided I was done with holding back on all the beautiful embellishments and am going to start using them. Hope you enjoy my journey!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Creative Scrapbook Challenge

I have to say, that as we speak I can't even get into my scrapbooking room -- it's complete chaos!  But, luckily for me, the hubby is away and I am left to my own devices and so took over the kitchen table.  With my work laptop on one side and my scrapbook stuff now taking over the other side, my Wyatt says - 'Mom, where are we going to eat dinner?'  Funny boy, who needs to eat?  hahahah. 



I decided to enter in the "Big Sketch Challenge" over at My Creative Scrapbook this month.  I just adore their kits, and I must say, that after being a subscriber for nearly a year they are piling up around me and so I must use them! This is the sketch....isn't it great? 


 And this is my take...Once Upon a Time. It was rough getting started because I just couldn't decide how I wanted to incorporate those circles.  I decided to use the flowers and all came together from there. 

 I want to share how I came up with those little birdies....they show up better here in the close up.




Close up of bird embellies I made
I came across this vintage postcard that was sent back in 1910 to my Great Great Grandmother...I think that's right.  I just loved it and decided to scan it and have some fun.  First I scanned the postcard, seen here.  Then using photoshop I copied the birds and then used some of the filters to change the colors.  I then printed, coated with a clear coat  and voila.  Hope you like them! 


 I messed with the colors a bit, and then decided it was cool enough to perhaps update my Etsy Banner...and so voila - here's what I came up with! 

Thanks for dropping by!  Please leave comments -- I'd love to know what you're working on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment