Scrapbooking with flowers, ribbons and all things beautiful -- with BOYS!

If you're like me, a Mother to Boys and a little more then addicted to scrapbooking - the paper, ribbons, flowers, buttons, glitter, you might be wondering how to incorporate all those finds into the perfect layout! I'm here to help! At least, I'll try. I've been scrapbooking for about 8 years and have only recently decided I was done with holding back on all the beautiful embellishments and am going to start using them. Hope you enjoy my journey!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

GCD Studios SPOTLIGHT GAL MONTH!!!

Yeah - it's finally here!  At last, my month as a GCD Studios Spotlight Gal!
This is a layout I created for the Scrapbook Challenge NEXT TOP SCRAPPER! contest.  You would have thought the name of it would have given it away, but no, I had to read the rules.  I will remind myself next time, do not read the rules...of course, now having read them I began to doubt myself, my entry...'what if I don't make it through the first round?'  My son, Owen, he's my biggest fan and confidence booster - said of course you're going to make it!  Thank you Owen!

Enough of that self-doubt....after all, this was supposed to be fun!  My layout is called,
With Love, She Was Beautiful Inside and Out.
The challenge was to create a layout all about yourself.  Like so many others, I rarely scrapbook myself and here I was, being challenged to do it twice within the same month!  It's been an interesting time these last 4 weeks, and so I loved this paper from Melody Ross's Artsy Urban collection.  (I can not wait for the SOUL FOOD to be available near me!)

It really spoke the words I wanted to say -- YES, YOU -- IT'S TIME!  No more excuses....Lessons Learned....I am learning. 


I elected to do my own journaling hidden behind one of these great tags.  I used a generic tag, hid it behind the beautiful tag "Listen closely and you will hear what you need to hear." It's there that I hid words of motivation to myself. 

Thanks for dropping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment