Scrapbooking with flowers, ribbons and all things beautiful -- with BOYS!

If you're like me, a Mother to Boys and a little more then addicted to scrapbooking - the paper, ribbons, flowers, buttons, glitter, you might be wondering how to incorporate all those finds into the perfect layout! I'm here to help! At least, I'll try. I've been scrapbooking for about 8 years and have only recently decided I was done with holding back on all the beautiful embellishments and am going to start using them. Hope you enjoy my journey!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

3 Perfect Beauties

What does this picture say to you?  This painting, 'The Beach' by Chris Wake, is the current inspiration over at ARTastic. What I really want to know is what has these 3 women wearing those vary odd expressions? Are they happy?  Are they sad?  Perhaps they have gotten a kink from sitting in those uncomfortable chairs all day long....but alas, who ever knows what inspires one to create? 


I love the painting, and although I nearly dared to 'bare' some pictures of myself, and others (who I would never torture like that here on my blog) settled deep into our own easy chairs at the beach, I decided instead to pick this beautiful photo of my husband's three little second cousins. 
   
<>
3 Perfect Beauties

I just loved how this photo resembled the lighting demonstrated in the painting.   Second cousins to my husband, these 3 girls are just so beautiful!  A little bit of envy on my part, not that my 2 boys aren't the most handsome children around (did I say that?) but I would love to shop for cute little dresses, if only once in a while:)
  
  I believe I hit all the diva points - beach pail, seagulls and beach paper.  I found this beautiful photo taken by by Gary Trabant and with some help from photoshop, changed the tone to fit my needs and voila, the 3 seagulls photo across the top.  I was sure I had no seagulls just lying around in my stash, but then again, who was I kidding?  While searching for the pail, I found a seagull button and so used it as well in the upper corner. I must say this is one of my favorite layouts! And that is why I love ARTASTIC!!!

Thanks for dropping by!



I hope I've inspired you to get started on your own creation! If not, check out my etsy shop for more inspiration! http://www.tiffanyscrapbooks.com/

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Tiffany! Your colour combination is stunning and displays that gorgeous photo perfectly! The lighting in that picture is amazing btw! Thank you so much for playing with us at Artastic!
    xxx Peggy

    PS. Your boys are indeed quite handsome :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Peggy! I too loved the lighting in the photo. I'm going need to follow up with my cousin (the photographer) to find out how she achieved it. Thanks so much for following me, too!

    ReplyDelete