Scrapbooking with flowers, ribbons and all things beautiful -- with BOYS!

If you're like me, a Mother to Boys and a little more then addicted to scrapbooking - the paper, ribbons, flowers, buttons, glitter, you might be wondering how to incorporate all those finds into the perfect layout! I'm here to help! At least, I'll try. I've been scrapbooking for about 8 years and have only recently decided I was done with holding back on all the beautiful embellishments and am going to start using them. Hope you enjoy my journey!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Writer's Block...

I think it's been close to 3 weeks since my last post - not sure what's gonig on, but just haven't been able to find the time, or inclination, to write.  So, here I sit today, determined to post these beautiful pictures of a Camp themed mini album I created for my Secret Santa.  Hope you like them....I'll get more back in the swing of things after the New Year when the chaos subsides. 

 This is Basic Gray 'Origins' paper line and it's really just so beautiful!  I had several papers, embellishments and decided to go a little nuts with the paper distressing.  I've been using that distressing tool by Tim Holtz - if you don't have one, as a Happy New Year to you, go get one - you will love it!!! 







I used my cricut to cut out the little tree with the birdie on top, as well as the flower petals here I tucked behind the wooden heart.  I really wanted to dig in and use some supplies I had been 'hoarding' in my stash.   

Here you can see the full book.  I tore the edges of the paper, as well as distressed them, rolling them back to allow for a full 4 x 6 photo, as well as the other 3 mats I included.  I have found when gifting these, or even selling these mini albums, its important to allow for someone to visualize where the photo is going to go so matting is essential. 




This is one of my flowers I made -- I seriously just love making flowers.  My husband, Michael, was so sweet as he said my hand created flowers were as good as the prima ones I dropped on -- here you see my green one and the prima one to the right in yellow.  Not bad, eh?  They're very simple - only here I added an extra twist by weaving the ribbon around the center, and I used a green flower petal base that I had. 


As always - thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment