Scrapbooking with flowers, ribbons and all things beautiful -- with BOYS!

If you're like me, a Mother to Boys and a little more then addicted to scrapbooking - the paper, ribbons, flowers, buttons, glitter, you might be wondering how to incorporate all those finds into the perfect layout! I'm here to help! At least, I'll try. I've been scrapbooking for about 8 years and have only recently decided I was done with holding back on all the beautiful embellishments and am going to start using them. Hope you enjoy my journey!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

DO-OVER! My first page makeover...

How many of us wouldn't take advantage of a 'do-over' if given the chance?  I would!  And so happy that this week's Next Top Scrapper offered me the chance to do just that.  Take my original layout here, oh it's just so sad.  Everytime I look at this page all I can see think is blood????  Maybe it's the red paper, or the c-section, or who knows what happened?  All I know is blue, red and gold and let's not overlook the silver stars and pacifier!  Something must have been wrong in my creative eye to have let this one slip to THE FIRST PAGE of Wyatt's baby album. I mean seriously, what was I thinking?

And so, for years I have hesitated showing this album off because immediatley upon opening, you're hit with this layout, and why would you want to look further? 

Here's my makeover.  I must admit my style has changed bigtime in the last year, let alone how it evolved since 2004.  I kept my journaling, as I still feel the same today as I did then about Wyatt's arrival into our lives.  He was one of 2 miracles we are blessed to have found in our lives and we could not love him more.  The pictures I made over using Picassa, changing them to sepia, adding a glow...I think it works much better.  I still am such a sucker for baby feet. 








Hope you like the makeover!  Try one of your own!  And make sure you check out the others going on over at



No comments:

Post a Comment