Scrapbooking with flowers, ribbons and all things beautiful -- with BOYS!

If you're like me, a Mother to Boys and a little more then addicted to scrapbooking - the paper, ribbons, flowers, buttons, glitter, you might be wondering how to incorporate all those finds into the perfect layout! I'm here to help! At least, I'll try. I've been scrapbooking for about 8 years and have only recently decided I was done with holding back on all the beautiful embellishments and am going to start using them. Hope you enjoy my journey!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Glee Club - Week 2 - ALTERNATIVE!!!

If you know me at all, you know that I love ALTERNATIVE rock.  There has always been something that has drawn me to it, much more so than the upbeat hip hop rock you catch on the mainstream channels.  I just like its 'soulful' sound and the way so many of these artists just belt out the words that seem to play in my own head and heart.  So, that being said, I was thrilled that this week's Glee Club was Alternative music.  Now, for myself, I'd say that TRAIN, as much as I like them, is just not in the same league as what I call alternative, but hey, I'll take what I can get!  I know my music likes are just not in sync with the rest of the world, so this is probably as close as I'm going to get. 

My layout here, 'You Already Know How Much I Love You', is my tribute to alternative music.  It's a complete alternative to how I'd normally scrap and really helped shed some of those restrictions I typically place on myself.  There's no fluff, no flowers, no ribbon or bows.  It's paint and birds and yes, cars!  I wanted it to be messy, and so here it is!  It's about being REAL.  Yes, that's a kooky Santa Hat Wyatt is wearing, and the reds in his shirt and chapped lips just make him the sweetest thing I could ever imagine.  Not to mention how he tells me everyday, "Mommy, I love you soo much I want to marry you!" Who could resist that? 

Then there's Owen, rockin' his crazy faces for the camera.  Once in a while though, if I work real hard I'll catch that 10,000,000 dollar smile of his and it just makes me so happy.  This is life, and if there's one thing they already know, is just how much I love them! 

Check out GLEE CLUB and come play along! 


I hope I've inspired you to get started on your own creation! If not, check out my etsy shop for more inspiration! http://www.tiffanyscrapbooks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment