Scrapbooking with flowers, ribbons and all things beautiful -- with BOYS!

If you're like me, a Mother to Boys and a little more then addicted to scrapbooking - the paper, ribbons, flowers, buttons, glitter, you might be wondering how to incorporate all those finds into the perfect layout! I'm here to help! At least, I'll try. I've been scrapbooking for about 8 years and have only recently decided I was done with holding back on all the beautiful embellishments and am going to start using them. Hope you enjoy my journey!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

GLEE CLUB - Challenge 1 - Classic Rock'n Roll

When I think of Classic Rock 'n Roll I can't help but go back in time to when I was about 8 - 10 years old.  We had a record player in our 'rumpus room' - did anyone else have one of those?  It seems like someone had given us a bunch of albums, there was the Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, Ricky Nelson...oh yes, Ricky Nelson.  I would just listen to the song 'It's Late' over and over again.  I remember dancing and playing and running around in circles, just spinning to 'the Yellow Submarine' and then crashing into a stupor with 'Sounds of Silence'.  Nowadays, I'm mostly into alternative, but as I did this challenge, all I did was hum away to those old classic rock songs of my youth. 

Here's my layout!  Perhaps those little chicks and crazy butterfly will bring back some flashes of your youth!  Nowadays, my days are filled with Wyatt's singing....he loves to sing!  And my album, if I had one, would rock Owen and Wyat, coffee and snuggles...Mike would probably share the lead  lead vocals with me -- and the cats, they'd be our back up dancers. 

 


Enjoy your music and check out what's going on over at Soul Scrappers Glee Club!

No comments:

Post a Comment